Author Topic: Don't use THMotorsports.com  (Read 224 times)

Offline Josh R.

• Modified
Don't use THMotorsports.com
« on: June 13, 2017, 03:08:25 PM »
TL;DR THMotorsports.com probably sucks so don't order from them.

Ordered a bushing kit on May 30. About 2 hours after I ordered I received an e-mail from customer service.
Josh,

First off, thank you so much for ordering with us here at THMotorsports. You decided to order from us and we are truly thankful of that. Being pretty hardcore gearheads, we know how important it is to know when your parts are arriving.

We checked every warehouse in the US and your order can only be sourced directly from the manufacturer. Not to worry, we will get you an update on the status as soon as we have it. We work proactively to make sure you are in the loop. Most of the time, orders ship nearly as fast from the manufacturer as if they were in stock with us.

Best,
Hubert T.
Customer Success Director, THMotorsports.com
::)

At that point, I wasn't too concerned because that's typically how it goes when buying online (they drop ship from manufacturer or warehouse). Last week (one week after ordering) I hadn't heard anything so I started looking for other bushing kits/parts sellers. I went to THM's website and they have a web ticket system and it says "Use support tickets for faster service" so I placed a ticket to cancel my order and get a refund. Up till today (2 weeks since ordering AND receiving any communication, 1 week since sending web ticket), I hadn't received ANY correspondence or a refund. I just called (today 6/13/17, 2:30 pm) and asked for my refund (nicely, I didn't even mention how long I had waited, that I was annoyed, or the forum posts about their shitty service). The guy on the phone acknowledged the web ticket (read: "Why the fuck are you calling? You put in a web ticket.") but didn't offer any explanation, apology or thanks. He simply said I'll send you an e-mail confirmation of the refund AND THEN HUNG UP THE PHONE! I was like, "Dafuq? He just...really???" I wanted to complain (nicely, cuz that's how I roll) that they should consider improving customer communication and what not but I assume by him hanging up he knows people think their service sucks and didn't want to hear about it.

One vote don't use thmotorsports.com.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 03:54:18 PM by Josh R. »
'97 Integra GS-R - ITS/DSP

'16 Frontier - Tow/Family Duty

Offline marka

• Modified
Re: Don't use THMotorsports.com
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 07:58:21 PM »
Howdy,

Lots of stories about how much TH Motorsports sucks on the sandbox.

Look, I'm all for saving a few bucks, but with someone like Sam close by and/or other well known / reputable online shops, there's no reason to roll the dice.  All you need to do is lose _once_ and any gain you've ever had is wiped out.

Mark

Offline Josh R.

• Modified
Re: Don't use THMotorsports.com
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 08:53:32 PM »
I posted on that SB thread actually then reposted here.

I'll be honest, knowing that Sam is on here. I've contacted him about stuff a couple times and he's never responded. And I'll just leave it at that. He seems to be good to yinz guys he's good too though.
'97 Integra GS-R - ITS/DSP

'16 Frontier - Tow/Family Duty