Author Topic: Looking for an alignment shop?  (Read 167 times)

Offline ninetyfourintegra

• Modified
  • Ron Dodson 272 PTD
Looking for an alignment shop?
« on: June 14, 2017, 04:40:59 PM »
Having dealt with the years of trying to find some place to get an alignment for a race car. I finally found a place that I'd gladly recommend. After it came from a recommendation from Chris (Habib). Even better they are only like 5 min from my house.

Green Apple Auto Works on Rt 8, just north of the 8/28 interchange in Glenshaw. Talked with AJ on the phone and said "race car" which usually evokes fear and despair from every other place... he was like, "how'd you hear of us?", I mentioned Chris and he was like "No problem".

Showed up this morning for my appointment and I unloaded and we got started. No questions other than "so, what settings would you like?" For the final setting he told me to get in to make sure it was right with me in the car.

Really, if you need an alignment and want to road race or autox, and know what settings you want - - they are awesome.

Green Apple Auto Works: www.greenappleautoworks.com
1034 William Flynn Highway (Rt 8 ), Glenshaw, PA 15116
Proud sponsor of the Allegheny Karting Series Yamaha Rookie Class. http://summertimeracing.com

"I went out first with Ron, and in all honesty I thought I was going to die... Thanks for the ride because thats what I needed was to get back in a car" -Habib88

Offline Josh R.

• Modified
Re: Looking for an alignment shop?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 06:27:06 PM »
I have heard good things about AJ and Green Apple, from Habib as well as from others including "normal" people with "normal" car problems.

And FYI AJ is on this forum and has autox'd locally.
'97 Integra GS-R - ITS/DSP

'02 2.5 RS - Winter Beater

'16 Frontier - Tow/Family Duty

Offline ninetyfourintegra

• Modified
  • Ron Dodson 272 PTD
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 07:56:48 PM »
Yup. It shows.

Seriously though. Having someone "in the know" who gets it, is worth its weight in gold. So, so many "just shoot me" moments over the years.

The only 'safe haven' I've had is my local mechanic Vince's Automotive in Perrysville (but they don't do alignments). My wife and I went to school with them and they understand me and are awesome to deal with for "race car repairs".
Proud sponsor of the Allegheny Karting Series Yamaha Rookie Class. http://summertimeracing.com

"I went out first with Ron, and in all honesty I thought I was going to die... Thanks for the ride because thats what I needed was to get back in a car" -Habib88

Offline AjHawk

• Stock
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 08:03:44 AM »
I just saw this now, Thank you for the write up! I really appreciate seeing that others like our service. If there's ever anything I can do for you, or any of you, just give me a call at the shop, 412-487-4000.
-AJ
Racecar-less

Offline miataTED

• Stock
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 02:41:05 PM »
A week and a half ago I made an alignment appointment at a well known shop south of PGH. After taking a 1/2 day off work today I arrive on time only to be told "can't do it today" No explanation, No apology of any sort. This shop made no effort to contact me and tell me that they could not honor my appointment.
I quickly made an appointment with GreenApple Auto Works for next week. I just wish I knew about A.J before wasting my time and money elsewhere.