Author Topic: Briggs L206 (4-cycle) Racing at Pitt Race in 2018  (Read 475 times)

Offline Kartwerks Dan

• Modified
    • Kartwerks
Briggs L206 (4-cycle) Racing at Pitt Race in 2018
« on: January 01, 2018, 07:03:00 PM »
For anyone with karts sitting around there is a wave of interest in the Briggs L206 classes at Pitt Race in 2018. At least a dozen new racers, or old racers coming back, have bought karts in the last month from myself and others. Looks like it is shaping up to be 15-20 karts in the class to start the year. When New Castle jumped on board with this class two years ago they jumped from a handful of karts to 40-50+ entries in short order.

If you are interested in learning more about the engine package shoot some questions here or post them to the 206 at PittRace Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/186188051946661/

Also, if you have any nice chassis sitting around that you'd like to find a home for please let me know and also post the info to the FB page and maybe we can help you find a home for a kart rather than letting it sit in the garage!

Kartwerks, LLC
Coaching, Service, Kart Sales
Praga & CompKart
www.kartwerksusa.com
www.facebook.com/KartwerksUSA

Offline ninetyfourintegra

• Modified
  • Ron Dodson 272 PTD
Re: Briggs L206 (4-cycle) Racing at Pitt Race in 2018
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 07:21:18 PM »
Sure, you tell me this now.

You know, after I helped with the onslaught of karts for these racers...

But seriously. If you have a kart, get it to Dan. He moved two of them faster than I could have dreamed. With one being within like 24 hours.
Proud sponsor of the Allegheny Karting Series Yamaha Rookie Class. http://summertimeracing.com

"I went out first with Ron, and in all honesty I thought I was going to die... Thanks for the ride because thats what I needed was to get back in a car" -Habib88

Offline paulmpetrun

• Prepared
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 10:11:38 PM »
Sure, you tell me this now.

You know, after I helped with the onslaught of karts for these racers...

But seriously. If you have a kart, get it to Dan. He moved two of them faster than I could have dreamed. With one being within like 24 hours.

So Teggy, does this mean you guys are out of karting? 

Offline ninetyfourintegra

• Modified
  • Ron Dodson 272 PTD
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 08:59:24 AM »
So Teggy, does this mean you guys are out of karting?
As close to 100% liquidation as I could manage, mostly just sitting on random safety gear. But they still wear the helmets/gloves when they ride on the back of the bike.
Proud sponsor of the Allegheny Karting Series Yamaha Rookie Class. http://summertimeracing.com

"I went out first with Ron, and in all honesty I thought I was going to die... Thanks for the ride because thats what I needed was to get back in a car" -Habib88

Offline Tag43

• Stock
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 06:26:57 PM »
Dan,  I built 4 lo206 karts ready to go for the 2018 season.  Trying to push as many people into the class as possible . I think we can get the kart counts we are looking for with just a little help from the track. 1 -reasonable practice times and costs. 2- a few more dates during the summer. 3-affordable race costs, pitt pass, transponder rental.

Offline Kartwerks Dan

• Modified
    • Kartwerks
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 01:37:53 AM »
Good to hear Tom! Make sure to get everyone on that Facebook group - lots of good conversation going on.

Working on those issues with the track - we’ll make some ground on a few I think!
Kartwerks, LLC
Coaching, Service, Kart Sales
Praga & CompKart
www.kartwerksusa.com
www.facebook.com/KartwerksUSA