Author Topic: co-drive inquiry 2018  (Read 698 times)

Offline scca-racerx

• Modified
co-drive inquiry 2018
« on: February 15, 2018, 08:41:08 AM »
Well folks its that time of year again for the "lets see what co-drive Joe can get".  Also known as the "Car Whore Olympics".  And this is a special year were Joe gets laid off from work.   >:(  Yes, as of February 28th I am unemployed.

What do I bring to the table - TIRES!  I can't afford to break my car this year because the warranty just expired, and did I mention that I am jobless.  So, I have 18x8.5, 5x114.5 bolt pattern, 50mm offset rims and 60 run re71-r tires that are going to sit in my garage all summer.  I can also pay your entry fees for whenever I drive your vehicle.  I also bring a co-driving record of breaking no cars (even though Dan's vette tried to kill me).

If you wish to purchase said tires and (5) SSR rims (18 pounds each) mentioned above, they are $1600.

As most of you know, I am at every steel cities event (for the most part), so, my co-driver would have to be also.  You would have to commit to an eight event season.  I can't make the April 15th event.  If anybody needs a co-driver for the Match tour for just that event, I am available.

So, what do you got?  (this will be the loneliest thread ever, you watch).
Joe Montuoro
2016 Subaru WRX

"IT COULD BE WORSE, IT COULD BE RAINING."
Young Frankenstien

Offline FigglyWiggly

• Owner/Admin
  • Street Prepared
Re: co-drive inquiry 2018
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 09:47:14 AM »
--
Mitch Figs
Hamfist Extraordinaire
2012 Corvette GrandSport (SS and Spin Cycle Master)
2007 VW GTI (STX and Cone Eater)

Offline Jakebonz

• Modified
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 09:57:01 AM »
I wonder if those will fit on my Si...and how competitive it would be in STC-F with zero other modifications...

I'd offer a spot in the Mustang, but that thing eats sets of $1200 tires like you wouldn't believe.  I don't want to commit to a full season of co-drives without asking someone to help out with tire costs.  I don't know if you want to spend that kind of money on tires.

If you want to come out and run my Miata sometime at anything other than Steel Cities events, you're more than welcome.
"He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling."
- Jezza 19:3

2014 Ford Mustang GT #10 FS
1999 Mazda Miata #10 ES
Event Photos

Offline scca-racerx

• Modified
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 06:23:09 AM »
Good news on the job front.  I have been extended to work until April 30th.  Hopefully, I will be able to walk right into a new job by then.
Joe Montuoro
2016 Subaru WRX

Young Frankenstien

Offline scca-racerx

• Modified
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 01:32:16 PM »
I told yunz there would be "cricket sounds" to this thread.

All is well.  I landed a job for May 1st.  No need for a co-drive this year.  Back to our regularly scheduled program of spending money.

I am still interested in a D street co-drive (especially if it is in a new turbo camaro) for the match tour.
Joe Montuoro
2016 Subaru WRX

Young Frankenstien

Online NHSCC08

• Street Prepared
  • D Street
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 08:54:58 PM »
A Camaro,  you sure are picky arenít you!!!!