Author Topic: Vids & Pics of the Day  (Read 432581 times)

Offline Mark Aubele

• Modified
Re: Vids & Pics of the Day
« Reply #3380 on: September 05, 2018, 08:57:05 PM »
Shit.  Hope the aftermath isn't _toooo_ bad.  :(

Strut tower pushed back, up, AND in about 2" or so, everything forward of the windshield body wise destroyed, windshield cracked, pass side floor crinkled a bit.  Could've been a lot worse.

The irony in all this is that I was literally reading about the reliability issues of the 4 channel abs in the E36s.  Apparently swapping to the 95 3 channel is common?  If I stay with the car it's getting a proper manual setup.  ABS was acting funny on saturday, but didn't think much of it as I was jumping curbs and had tires off the ground constantly.  Went for the brakes at the end of the straight and there was nothing.  As you can see by the speedo didn't slow the rears much even in wet grass.
'64 Ford F100
'97 M3
'12 135i

Offline roundel

• CTO
  • Modified
  • swaybar is like cowbell.
    • Get Spiceworks and Set IT Free!
« Reply #3381 on: September 06, 2018, 12:57:13 PM »

Strut tower pushed back, up, AND in about 2" or so, everything forward of the windshield body wise destroyed, windshield cracked, pass side floor crinkled a bit.  Could've been a lot worse.

The irony in all this is that I was literally reading about the reliability issues of the 4 channel abs in the E36s.  Apparently swapping to the 95 3 channel is common?  If I stay with the car it's getting a proper manual setup.  ABS was acting funny on saturday, but didn't think much of it as I was jumping curbs and had tires off the ground constantly.  Went for the brakes at the end of the straight and there was nothing.  As you can see by the speedo didn't slow the rears much even in wet grass.

The pedal was hard and firm but you just didn't have any braking force?  Sounds like the dreaded ice mode 25% thing, but I thought that was on later cars, not the e36...  Glad you at least are ok.

[Ethan "if it weren't for that cone" Connor | 97' 318i | 98' 323is #89DSP| 99' M3]

Offline Mark Aubele

• Modified
« Reply #3382 on: September 06, 2018, 04:37:54 PM »

The pedal was hard and firm but you just didn't have any braking force?  Sounds like the dreaded ice mode 25% thing, but I thought that was on later cars, not the e36...  Glad you at least are ok.

Yes, hard pedal, felt some pulsating but almost zero braking.  Barely even slowed the rears in wet grass. 
'64 Ford F100
'97 M3
'12 135i

Offline roundel

• CTO
  • Modified
  • swaybar is like cowbell.
    • Get Spiceworks and Set IT Free!
« Reply #3383 on: September 07, 2018, 03:55:39 PM »
Yes, hard pedal, felt some pulsating but almost zero braking.  Barely even slowed the rears in wet grass.

yep, ice mode.  and yes the internet confirms e36 issues with it.  Bosch abs units in many cars apparently have the same issue.  :(

[Ethan "if it weren't for that cone" Connor | 97' 318i | 98' 323is #89DSP| 99' M3]

Offline spud_majic

• Prepared
« Reply #3384 on: September 08, 2018, 12:01:55 PM »
The e46 mk60? abs is the hot ticket. All the e36 road race guys swap to that to eliminate abs issues. Its the only across the board abs swap legal in st4 for that reason.
Ron Williams
'12 subaru sti=#23
02 subaru wrx project. soon to be TTD/ESP
99 millenium lim mod kart-#23
Check out www.jsautodesigns.com and www.rocksteadytuning.com for parts and tuning needs
email me at [email protected]

Offline Mark Aubele

• Modified
« Reply #3385 on: September 08, 2018, 07:04:52 PM »
The e46 mk60? abs is the hot ticket. All the e36 road race guys swap to that to eliminate abs issues. Its the only across the board abs swap legal in st4 for that reason.

Never knew these cars had so many issues before.  First I ever heard of it was when I was researching deleting the ABS before Shenandoah.
'64 Ford F100
'97 M3
'12 135i

Offline Masher Manufacturing

• Modified
« Reply #3386 on: September 10, 2018, 12:42:31 AM »
JDM goodness

DAJIBAN! Japanese Dodge Vans are back at Ebisu Circuit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p_SVUt9hbk

• Modified
« Reply #3387 on: October 21, 2018, 07:29:52 PM »
Even if you have just a passing interest in drag racing, it is worth the viewing this really underrated You tube channel.  CompetitionPlusTV

Look for the titles  Legends The Series ( at least 4 seasons worth ) and Storytellers

• Modified
« Reply #3388 on: November 28, 2018, 09:34:13 AM »
Always make sure your fire extinguisher is in the bracket and has a pin. . . . .

8:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6RC15ho1zU