General => Classifieds => Topic started by: pgh_miata on May 24, 2019, 10:06:22 pm
1996 Mazda Miata
Purchased in July 2017 to use pretty much exclusively for autocross (class STR). I've driven it for roughly 2K miles.
Here is what was installed / done by previous owner when I purchased it:
- Koni sport shocks front
- Koni sport shocks rear
- Racing Beat Tublar Race Swaybar front
- Racing Beat Swaybar Block Kit
- Fron End Links, not positive but I assume racing beat
- Hawk race pads front and rear (Fronts are in a box now, replaced by Napa stock pads).
- High Flow Cat (not sure of brand)
- Custom fabricated rollbar that according to previous owner is good for track use. It is as tall as it can go and still close the top.
- Rear spoiler and front lip.
- All fluids (oil, gearbox, clutch, diff, etc) fresh.
After purchase I had the following installed:
- Cat-back RoadsterSport 3 exhaust, soon after I purchased it.
- Kosei K1 Racing 15x7 wheels, used.
- Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R, 205/50
- New clutch and O2 sensor (roughly 100 miles ago).
- DDMWorks intake and heat shield, put on after clutch
- New battery about a year old.
Have but not installed:
- Racing Beat Header, used
- Top lock caps (https://www.flyinmiata.com/90-02-top-lock-cap.html (https://www.flyinmiata.com/90-02-top-lock-cap.html))
- Shifter rebuild kit (https://www.flyinmiata.com/1994-96-shifter-rebuild-kit.html (https://www.flyinmiata.com/1994-96-shifter-rebuild-kit.html))
It's solid and runs well. No rust showing anywhere but has some scratches here and there. Previous owner did his own paint job and it shows. Don't know why but he painted wipers silver. I've been meaning to get black ones but never have. Interior could use some work. Door panels have some tears but the seats are OK. I think he did the "foamectomy" on the drivers seat. Top is OK but I wouldn't want to be in a downpour. I never drove in rain unless it was a surprise.
So, if you're looking for a non-stock autocross starter kit, this is the car for you.
Call or text 412-699-6215