February 25, 2020, 05:20:32 pm

News:

Site settings updated:  Apologies for the inconvenience; but recent changes require all members to login again to improve site security.

AHR Rally X Event Feb. 23rd 2014 Test and Tune Jennerstown Speedway

Started by 93Rubie, February 02, 2014, 04:36:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

93Rubie

It gives me great pleasure to present AHR's first Rally X scheduled for Feb. 23rd, 2014 at Jennerstown Speedway.

Please see the attachment for the Supplemental Rules/Clarifications for this Event.

Here are some details:

This is a Test N Tune event, no points are awarded and no championship for the season. No awards will be given for this event. The point is to have a low key day of FUN.

Schedule for the day:
9AM-10:30 Registration
9AM-10:30 Technical Insp.
9AM-10:30 Course is Open for Walking
10:45AM MANDATORY Drivers Meeting
11:00AM 1st Run Group, First Car off the line
Upon Completion of both morning heats a short break will be taken for course setup, clean up, hydration,etc...
Afternoon Heats-Once done, clean up will commence.
At end of day, a short meeting will be held no later than 5:00PM.
$25 for SCCA Members, $35 for non-members.

This being our first event things could change between now and then. Weather DOES play a factor, if its warm and the field is a mud fest. Expect the event to be cancelled. If its really cold, well, bundle up. We'll stop as necessary for warm up breaks. If any changes take place such as event cancellation for any reason it will be posted ASAP on here as well as our Facebook page found here---->https://www.facebook.com/groups/ahrscca/.

That being said we are currently not planning on running anything more than Test and Tune style events THIS YEAR. If the program has a lot of interest and grows next year we can have full championship style competition with points/trophies and what not. I hope the program does reach this level, but we are learning this as a region and want to take some baby steps before we leap into it full throttle.

That being said if you have questions/comments contact me on RacePA, just send me a PM, and I'll get back to you. Hopefully it is frozen and SNOWY for this event. Mark it on your calenders and I hope to see you there. Let's get dirty!!!

Shawn M Bauman
AHR-RE 2014
Best 1/4 Mile Pass: [email protected]
Best 60' 1.99

Josh R.

Wow Shawn! That's great news! Let me know how/if I can help. I'll spread this around on "The Shitshow" aka NASIOC and the local Subaru community. And I'll see you there!
'97 Integra GS-R - ITS/DSP

'16 Frontier - Tow/Family Duty

93Rubie

I got a feeling I've released the hounds so to speak. I got a few really good guys helping with this. Matt Berkibile, Jon Cramer, and Jason Velenita. (I butchered the spelling, sorry). I suspect we will be there earlier than 9AM if you wanted to stop out and help with setup,etc...
Best 60' 1.99

xcEXrdr

I'll be out to check this shit out  ;D  Probably not running my car but I want to see how the course will be etc.  So if there's something I can do to lend a hand while I'm there just let me know. 
Tim Ward
2013 Subaru WRX STi
73 SM

93Rubie

Sounds good Tim.

Before anyone asks, NO I'm not rally x ing the Corvette. Maybe the Sentra but I doubt it. I have been eyeing up old 3rd Gen. F-Bodies however. Maybe even a cheap ratty 80's C4 Corvette. I'm crazy but I don't care, Rally X needs epic rooster tails and RWD V8 is the way to do it.
Best 60' 1.99

SteedaMustang

Dan Ireland
Novice Chief

2012 Covette Grand Sport
2014 GMC Sierra
2013 VW Golf R - SOLD
07 STi Limited 404whp - SOLD

marka

Howdy,

How hateful is a RallyX for a car?

I'm thinking of doing this with my daily driver Civic, but really don't want to take it off any sweet jumps or whatever.

Mark

mullet

Quote from: marka on February 05, 2014, 09:18:39 am
Howdy,

How hateful is a RallyX for a car?

I'm thinking of doing this with my daily driver Civic, but really don't want to take it off any sweet jumps or whatever.

Mark

"Hateful" can be a relative term...you sorta get out whatever amount of hate you put into steering wheel.

Your daily driver civic will survive and probably be really fun. I've seen some pretty fast civics driven on dirt.

Rallycross courses are limited to whatever land is available but they are designed with minimizing risk of damage/danger in mind. There won't be any intentional dukes of hazzard style jumps and the course won't direct you into the woods.

Rallycross Issues:
Dirty car: It will happen. Wear it as proof of a great time.
De-beading tires: Plan to run 40psi in all-season or winter tires. Fully locked steering wheel + soft sidewalls +rut = debead.
Body Kits and low cars: not the best combination. You're welcome to come play but your bumper may end up in the field.
Nicks and scratches: It can happen. Mostly from hitting dirty cones. Mudflaps help.

Minimum things to check before event:
Brakes
Wheel bearings (especially subarus)
Tie Rods and Ball joints
CV boots
Exhaust--Old or low exhausts can break. Normally due to spongey rubber hangers bouncing rather than impact.
Fluid levels
Torque Wheels

93Rubie

I think if you did Rally X all the time, it would be hurtful. Matt Berkebile says his car is NOT coming out because the bottom is bare from all his rally activities and it would start to rust instantly on the salty roads. Dirt, pebbles, snow,etc...you get the idea. 

Best 60' 1.99

spud_majic

i have the stock suspension on the subaru and my winter rubber... there is a good chance i will bring out the sti for this. i assume a current helmet is all that is required for safety equip?
Ron Williams
'12 subaru sti=#23
02 subaru wrx project. soon to be TTD/ESP
99 millenium lim mod kart-#23
Check out www.jsautodesigns.com and www.rocksteadytuning.com for parts and tuning needs
email me at [email protected]

mullet

Quote from: 93Rubie on February 05, 2014, 07:01:31 pm
I think if you did Rally X all the time, it would be hurtful. Matt Berkebile says his car is NOT coming out because the bottom is bare from all his rally activities and it would start to rust instantly on the salty roads. Dirt, pebbles, snow,etc...you get the idea.

Matt Berkebile's car is capable of flinging waves of gravel 20 feet in the air. Paint/undercoating are no match.

93Rubie

Quote from: spud_majic on February 05, 2014, 07:51:12 pm
i have the stock suspension on the subaru and my winter rubber... there is a good chance i will bring out the sti for this. i assume a current helmet is all that is required for safety equip?

Yup basic Solo Safety Rules, if it passes tech and you have a helmet, it runs.
Best 60' 1.99

Foz

going to start making plans now, Hope to bring the DSM out for one last time. 

(one more rallycross and then I'm selling it to fund building my other one)

Due to work and lifechanges, I haven't made it to one in a couple years. I'm long overdue, hope the region picks it up!

I'll spread the word where I can, and will probably try to bring a co-driver.

93Rubie

We would be glad to have you come out. Looking at the long term weather forecast makes me nervous but time will tell. Everyone will be informed by Friday night at the latest of a postponement. I hope that does not happen but weather problems......
Best 60' 1.99

Foz

Arrangements made, just need to mount a few tires..

and will be bringing one if not two co-drivers with me.

93Rubie

I hate to do this but my Rally X committee and I have decided to post pone the Rally X that WAS going to happen on Feb. 23rd. The melting snow has made things too wet and muddy. It would not be fun nor would it be good for Jennerstown Speedway's parking lot. PLEASE check back to our website and Facebook pages soon, as we are going to try and reschedule this ASAP. With the coming cold again it should be VERY soon!

If you have let others know about this event but they may not be on our e-mail list, facebook pages, website, RacePA, etc...often please let them know. Weather is the one thing I cannot change. LOL.
Best 60' 1.99

93Rubie

Ok, we work FAST. The AHR Rally X at Jennerstown Speedway is rescheduled for SUNDAY MARCH 2nd. Same time and place. Weather looks to be better next week, so things should freeze up and stay that way for us!!! See you then.
Best 60' 1.99

spud_majic

while i am thinking about it. are passengers going to be allowed and if not driving what is their entry? also i was planning on joining scca this year. will i be able to do that at the event and still do the $25 entry or should i try to get that taken care of this week beforehand?
Ron Williams
'12 subaru sti=#23
02 subaru wrx project. soon to be TTD/ESP
99 millenium lim mod kart-#23
Check out www.jsautodesigns.com and www.rocksteadytuning.com for parts and tuning needs
email me at [email protected]

93Rubie

Passengers are allowed as long as they have a helmet and sign the waiver. We have loaner helmets but only if we have enough for drivers first. We don't charge for spectators or passengers. ONLY ONE passenger per car and has to be the front passenger seat, just FYI.

You can join the SCCA at the event. Actually we run a deal where if you sign up at the event we basically give you the event for free. I'd have to talk to my registration chair to get specifics. He will be there so no issues with that.
Best 60' 1.99

93Rubie

Well if you stayed at home because of the over hyped snow storm, you missed out. The back lot was doable but a little much so we improved a short lap it twice style loop on the infield and it worked perfect for the snow conditions. Not to worry there will be more Rally X this year but it may not be on snow.

I have a new appreciation for Subaru's and a increased hatred towards FWD vehicles. My Sentra was well, it did ok, for all season tires and being a econobox with NO sporting bones in its body. LOTS of e-brake to get rotation!!!!
Best 60' 1.99