December 01, 2021, 06:51:20 pm

News:

Site settings updated:  Apologies for the inconvenience; but recent changes require all members to login again to improve site security.

What have you done over the off season?

Started by fiestadan, February 23, 2016, 09:32:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fiestadan

The racing season is nearly upon us, wanted to see what changes yinz have made to your cars or if you have new cars for 2016. I am still living the VW life, not exactly sure what that means other than constantly having to fix falling off trim, but at least it passes emissions on the regular...

To kick things off, I bought a set of Goodyear F1 tires, fresh alignment, and a new intake and a few other small items to improve throttle response. Other than that, not a whole lot.
2008 VW Rabbit Track Day Car
-Previous-
2014 Ford Fiesta ST
2013 Ford Focus SE
1988 Toyota Supra Turbo
1969 MGB-GT

Jakebonz

I drove my Mustang around the block a few times this winter.  Also, I'm 95% sure I'll be doing something silly on the 12th of March that is AutoX related.
"He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling."
- Jezza 19:3

2014 Ford Mustang GT #10 FS
1999 Mazda Miata #10 ES
Event Photos

93Rubie

Miata: Koni's, Rear Bar (not on car until I test with it off), Front and Rear Hawk Pads, tweaked alignment, will have a new set of RE71R's on it. Plan to see this car often at local area auto-x's. It was kinda quick last year on an Alignment and some old ZII's, we shall see what the new treads and other goods bring....

Corvette: New Clutch, PP, Resurfaced Flywheel, TOB, Rebuilt Diff. Clutch Packs, Replaced Fuel Injectors (a couple where starting to short out, STUPID GM Multec's....), new rear hubs, a few other 20 something old car issues fixed. Honestly, this is probly one of the nicest C4's around that actually gets driven....hard. Only planning a few events with it, a couple track days and Muscle Challenge type things.

Dan, are you still interested in my old ZII's? Let me know. I'll basically give them to you. Not doing me a lick of good and I'm not putting them back on anything.
Best 1/4 Mile Pass: [email protected]
Best 60' 1.99

Mark Aubele

February 23, 2016, 06:20:28 pm #3 Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 07:39:31 pm by Mark Aubele
Mustang:  Revalved Konis, 800lb front springs, watts link, Cobra Jet intake manifold/TB, probably have to swap the clutch stocker doesn't like 7900 rpm shifts.   :P

M3: RTABs, front control arms, Koseis with Hankooks, finished up replacing everything that breaks in 20 year old German cars (hopefully), Sparco Evo, and replaced the shitty Chinese springs that came on the ISC coilovers with Eibachs (amazing improvement in ride and handling).
'64 Ford F100
'97 M3
'12 135i

Jakebonz

Quote from: 93Rubie on February 23, 2016, 04:27:36 pmDan, are you still interested in my old ZII's? Let me know. I'll basically give them to you. Not doing me a lick of good and I'm not putting them back on anything.

Maybe not, but just out of curiosity, what size are they?  I only say "maybe not" because $200 per tire less than what I pay for RE-71R's for the Mustang seems like such a bargain.

Fun fact: If I went with 285's instead of just 275's I could save $30 a tire.  Apparently...285's can fit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok8X6aM0ShI

1999 Mazda Miata #10 ES
Event Photos

Mitternacht

Installed coilovers and got the car aligned for autox. Planning a Boss 302 IM/Nitrous install later in the year.

b_turbo454

Gt500 got some loving with a griggs gr40ss kit and watts link, plus front poly bushings. Upgraded brakes to 2 piece rotors, hawk pads, stainless lines and new fluid. Ordered up my set of 315s this weekend. Just put it down today and set the ride height, goes for alignment in March
Now all I need to do is drive the car more than 700 miles this year.

Dan, 285/35s fit with stock struts, I just fit up my oe rear 19" on the front of my buddy's '13 shelby. Tight but they clear.
***My Carbon Footprint Can Be Seen From Space***
                   99 mustang cobra - 24 ESP

spud_majic

lets see. ripped out an interior, pulled a tranny and refreshened seals, finalized and installed an engine, rebuilt axles, fixed bodywork and cleaned up surface rust, upgraded fuel,oil,cooling systems, installed big ass wing off other car, removed terrible wiring job from previous owner, installed coilovers and rebuilt/replaced suspension components, fitted sti brembos and rotors on front end. and countless hours of making things correct. now i just need to get a cage installed, get seats, safety gear, wheels, tires, and to sit down and do a tune for the car and then maybe the car will almost ready for a shakedown run to figure out what i missed.
Ron Williams
'12 subaru sti=#23
02 subaru wrx project. soon to be TTD/ESP
99 millenium lim mod kart-#23
Check out www.jsautodesigns.com and www.rocksteadytuning.com for parts and tuning needs
email me at [email protected]

Jakebonz

Quote from: b_turbo454 on February 23, 2016, 08:53:46 pmDan, 285/35s fit with stock struts, I just fit up my oe rear 19" on the front of my buddy's '13 shelby. Tight but they clear.

But will they fit with Konis?  Also, would I still see a benefit if I put the 285's on the rear and kept the 275's on the front?  I know 255/40/19 (stock size) and 285/35/19 puts me at near as makes no difference the same overall tire diameter, so I'd gain my 2 mph back in 2nd gear.

1999 Mazda Miata #10 ES
Event Photos

b_turbo454

That's a good question on the koni's, his is a track pack car, lowered with standard alignment specs. Not sure offhand what benefit it would be from 275 to 285 as it's minimal tire gain
more tire has always helped me, but that's my 2 cents
***My Carbon Footprint Can Be Seen From Space***
                   99 mustang cobra - 24 ESP

lprmesia

February 23, 2016, 11:38:47 pm #10 Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 06:07:13 pm by lprmesia
New tires. Caved and bought the Potenza RE71R Bridgestones (moved up from 235 to 265) and some nice lightweight RPF1s (18x9.5). Fixed a broken bushing bracket. New catback (+250 HP). Nothing major. Will likely upgrade the pads and rotors at some point before or during the season.
2014 Subaru WRX - 27 STH
2016 Ford Fiesta ST - 5 HS

trailzmp

much prepping for hill climbs. new harness, suit,gloves,shoes,arm restraints,seat to roll bar bracket. kill switch.fire extinguisher. new front pads and rotors.
fresh alignment and oil change still need to happen.
then ill try not to smash me self into a gaurd rail.

I want in on jefferson, weatherly, and  polish mountain. not sure how many events ill be able(allowed) to get to, but the goal for 2016 is to not have a novice license at the end of the season

Matt Phillips
6-SMURF

fiestadan

Sean, yes please! Although I will have a set of Goodyears coming in, I am planning to find a spare set of wheels and will thrash those tires at some point in the near future. Thanks again!
2008 VW Rabbit Track Day Car
-Previous-
2014 Ford Fiesta ST
2013 Ford Focus SE
1988 Toyota Supra Turbo
1969 MGB-GT

marka

Howdy,

Over the winter I occasionally opened the door on the trailer and checked to be sure the car was still in there and the battery was charging.

Mark

paNX2K&SE-R

The not that fun stuff:  replaced front control arms, front rotors/pads, and a clutch hose on the G35, rear wheel bearing and rotors/pads all around, and the upstream 02 sensor on the Forester.  The fun stuff:  I picked up a '12 Camaro LFX drivetrain to swap into my '99 Miata and we found a nice house to buy down here in NC with a 2 car attached garage plus an additional 28x36 detached garage.
Matt
07 FXT Sport
99 Miata 10AE turbo
03.5 Infiniti G35 Sport

Josh R.

February 24, 2016, 11:03:32 am #15 Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 11:29:41 am by Josh R.
Quote from: marka on February 24, 2016, 09:37:30 am
Howdy,

Over the winter I occasionally opened the door on the trailer and checked to be sure the car was still in there and the battery was charging.

Mark

Yeah...but do you wanna brag tell people why the car is in the trailer?   :D

The WRX is back to stock, so if I can afford tires for it I may come play in DS because the Integra isn't going to be competitive in any class. I had a roll bar put in the Integra (I guess that was done at the end of last season), picked up a few sets of wheels, cleaned up some things on it, installed a newer race seat, picked up some of the gear necessary for the hills (suit, gloves, shoes), placed 2nd in class with it at World of Wheels  ;D, new calipers SS brake lines and fluid.

I need few more things for the hills (extinguisher, arm restraints, etc), a few sets of tires, spare set of rotors and pads, some vinyl. I'm hoping to pull off a diff and a protune at some point, but probably not before the season starts.
'97 Integra GS-R - ITS/DSP

'16 Frontier - Tow/Family Duty

Mark Aubele

Quote from: trailzmp on February 24, 2016, 08:24:42 am
much prepping for hill climbs. new harness, suit,gloves,shoes,arm restraints,seat to roll bar bracket. kill switch.fire extinguisher. new front pads and rotors.
fresh alignment and oil change still need to happen.
then ill try not to smash me self into a gaurd rail.

I want in on jefferson, weatherly, and  polish mountain. not sure how many events ill be able(allowed) to get to, but the goal for 2016 is to not have a novice license at the end of the season

Fuck man, you guys are really making me want to build a SMF car and get in on this action.
'64 Ford F100
'97 M3
'12 135i

trailzmp

Quote from: Mark Aubele on February 24, 2016, 01:58:40 pm
Fuck man, you guys are really making me want to build a SMF car and get in on this action.

lulz i just told mullett i want a new mustang! :P

Matt Phillips
6-SMURF

Josh R.

Quote from: Mark Aubele on February 24, 2016, 01:58:40 pm

'97 Integra GS-R - ITS/DSP

'16 Frontier - Tow/Family Duty

93Rubie

Quote from: Jakebonz on February 23, 2016, 06:38:25 pm
Quote from: 93Rubie on February 23, 2016, 04:27:36 pmDan, are you still interested in my old ZII's? Let me know. I'll basically give them to you. Not doing me a lick of good and I'm not putting them back on anything.

Maybe not, but just out of curiosity, what size are they?  I only say "maybe not" because $200 per tire less than what I pay for RE-71R's for the Mustang seems like such a bargain.

Fun fact: If I went with 285's instead of just 275's I could save $30 a tire.  Apparently...285's can fit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok8X6aM0ShI

Wrong Dan, I should have clarified, but I'm an idiot so.....
Best 1/4 Mile Pass: [email protected]
Best 60' 1.99