Started by fiestadan, February 23, 2016, 09:32:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Danfoley133

DAN FOLEY
2012 evo X
SM 133

Handy Man

Off season? What off season?  ;D

To be honest year round racing doesn't make up for the lack of the PA crew. You guys are much more fun than the Texas crowd, and when you can race any time of the year, it doesn't seem as special. You don't have all winter to build up the anticipation.

I did buy a cool shirt in preparation for the HOT season... and I'm throwing around the idea of doing a track day in the old mustang. Non-power drum brakes, leaf springs, and circulating ball steering are a recipe for success  :o
Moved to Houston. Still lurking in your forums.

'11 Nissan 370Z | #13 CST - Gone but not forgotten
'94 Turbo Miata  | #131 SSM

"Losing builds character."  "F#@% that. I've got plenty of character." -Mark

Mark Aubele

'64 Ford F100
'97 M3
'12 135i

z28jeff

February 25, 2016, 11:41:02 am #23 Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 08:34:17 am by z28jeff
Early in the offseason (Nov), I traded the Camaro for an 02 Z06. I was only able to put a couple hundred miles on it before putting it away for the winter. In that time I made a small list of things it was going to need before next summer. Some cosmetic, some electrical, some for stock-class compliance.
1. Have the paint professionally restored by Adam's Polishes own Dan Tyger. Status: Complete!
2. Replace turn signal flasher relay as turn signals only work half the time. Status: Part has arrived, waiting for me to install.
3. Replace broken Heads Up Display trim bezel in dash. Status: Part has arrived, waiting for me to install. I'll be doing this and the flasher relay at the same time since both items require removal of the dash pad.
4. Install LMC5 module in the BCM. C5 Corvettes had an issue with the steering wheel lock security feature. They all fail at some point, then your steering wheel is locked, your car is stuck in limp mode and you have to be towed to a dealer. The LMC5 is a new circuit that eliminates this security "feature" from the BCM entirely. Status: Ordered it last week. Should have it any day now.
5. Buy new autocross numbers/class letters. Status: Ordered a new set of "24 AS" from izoom graphics in reusable vinyl last week, should arrive any day now. *Update* The numbers have arrived, and they look great!
6. Replace awesome carbon fiber air bridge and Blackwing cold air intake with lame stock airbox.  :'( Status: Just found one on corvetteforum yesterday. Waiting for seller to message me the total with shipping.

That's probably all I'll get done before the first NHSCC event. As the season progresses, and once I settle in to the new ride, I'll see how far off the AS pace I am and start thinking about tires/suspension.

2013 Kizashi SLS Sport AWD
2002 Corvette Z06
"The guy who invented the wheel was an idiot. The real genius was the guy who invented the other three."--Sid Caesar

gmaloy

Bought a new DD.  '07 civic si, 30k miles.  My backup plan is to run it in HS when Mark Andy decides to retire from autox and focus on his NHL career.

On the road racing side the CRX build continues.  Engine is currently being bored and ported.  Re-did the wiring on the ITC car and am in the process of changing the cage dash bar.  Hope to make the first race at Waterford.
Greg Maloy
'91 CRX SiR STL
'96 Chevy K1500 "Big Blue" - Tow Vehicle
'07 Civic Si - Commuting at the speed of VTEC YO!!

GTI_Speed

Quote from: gmaloy on February 25, 2016, 08:25:01 pm
Bought a new DD.  '07 civic si, 30k miles.  My backup plan is to run it in HS when Mark Andy decides to retire from autox and focus on his NHL career.

Lolololol
Alex A.

Steel Cities Region AutoX Chair
Current: 2016 Subaru WRX STI - 77 BS
History: 2008 VW GTI - 1 SMFT, 2003 BMW M3 - 77 STU

STCsolo.com    stcscca.com     NHSCC.com    GolfMKV.com     m3forum.net     iracing.com

Jakebonz

Quote from: gmaloy on February 25, 2016, 08:25:01 pm

"He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling."
- Jezza 19:3

2014 Ford Mustang GT #10 FS
1999 Mazda Miata #10 ES
Event Photos

Hunter

I haven't done anything yet.   Still trying to deiced between the Fiesta or Honda
1990 ED Civic  Breaking records & parts
2002 Acura rsx S
http://www.pahillclimb.net/

Bill

Finally got the 949 15x10 front wheels for the civic (saves a bit of rotational weight).

I had plans to buy a lot of cool stuff for the civic up until 3 days ago, at which point the s2000's motor shit the bed. Cylinder 2 compression is way low. So my parts budget for the year is going towards rebuilding that motor or buying a new motor altogether. On the bright side (If there is one), I'm probably going to set myself up for boost.
Bill Staley

90 Civic R - SMF
02 s2000 - STR
14 RDX

Josh R.

Quote from: Bill on February 26, 2016, 12:33:41 pm
Finally got the 949 15x10 front wheels for the civic (saves a bit of rotational weight).

How much work does it take to fit 15x10's?
'97 Integra GS-R - ITS/DSP

'16 Frontier - Tow/Family Duty

Bill

Quote from: Josh R. on February 26, 2016, 03:22:59 pm

How much work does it take to fit 15x10's?

It's not too bad. Just need a spacer if the backspacing sucks. And then you end up running several inches of the w/t beyond the fenders. Oh yeah and you have to cut a significant part of your fenders away too. So um, a lot. :)
Bill Staley

90 Civic R - SMF
02 s2000 - STR
14 RDX

Bill

I ran 15x10s all last season. They just weren't light wheels.
Bill Staley

90 Civic R - SMF
02 s2000 - STR
14 RDX

trailzmp

I had plans to buy a lot of cool stuff for the civic up until 3 days ago, at which point the s2000's motor shit the bed. Cylinder 2 compression is way low. So my parts budget for the year is going towards rebuilding that motor or buying a new motor altogether. On the bright side (If there is one), I'm probably going to set myself up for boost.

time for an LS swap  :o

Matt Phillips
6-SMURF

trailzmp

Quote from: Hunter on February 26, 2016, 09:55:02 am
I haven't done anything yet.   Still trying to deiced between the Fiesta or Honda

get the Honda back together. fiesta for track night and autox  civic for the hills. of course you need two race cars

Matt Phillips
6-SMURF

Bill

Quote from: trailzmp on February 26, 2016, 07:58:12 pm

time for an LS swap  :o

Definitely not working with LS-swap money right now. Trying to buy a house. I know a guy in Ohio with a 20K mile, JDM F20C which I'm going to buy. I really do like the AP1 motor. I'll boost that bitch eventually.
Bill Staley

90 Civic R - SMF
02 s2000 - STR
14 RDX

st.paddy

Hey guys...(Matt and Josh)

Timm has at least 2-3 pairs of used arm restraints  and 1 pair of used gloves if anyone can use them. :)
        (Thank You Burt Young)!
Bashing cones & flat spotting tires.......
Drinking beers with the Hillclimbers....
Being really annoying taking too many pictures
of the Wankers and friends!!

ninetyfourintegra

Absolutely nothing.

It kind of felt nice. Haven't actually touched the race car since it ejected the spark plug in April. Registered for some races, so eventually I have to get beyond the "hope" that it just backed itself out and isn't anything beyond a new plug and wires.
"I went out first with Ron, and in all honesty, I thought I was going to die... Thanks for the ride because that's what I needed was to get back in a car" -Habib88

trailzmp

thanks Patty!  but im set with everything i need except for shoes, but that will happen soon.

Matt Phillips
6-SMURF

Josh R.

'97 Integra GS-R - ITS/DSP

'16 Frontier - Tow/Family Duty

Danfoley133

Quote from: trailzmp on February 27, 2016, 10:34:38 am
thanks Patty!  but im set with everything i need except for shoes, but that will happen soon.

Matt, I have a pair of size 12 gforce shoes I have never used. I'd let them go cheap.
DAN FOLEY
2012 evo X
SM 133