December 01, 2021, 08:08:58 pm

News:

Welcome to the new RacePA!

Looking for turbo / super charger sized for 320 CC engine

Started by Masher Manufacturing, January 07, 2017, 08:28:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Masher Manufacturing

Looking for turbo / super charger sized for 320 CC engine running at 3,600 R max.  The target is a Yanmar L70V single cylinder air cooled diesel that I'm putting against a 5,000 W belt drive generator head.  The head is branded Northern Tool but is actually made my Mecc Alte from Italy.

At 6.5 HP, the engine is too small to use full capacity of a 5 KW head  ( 11 HP is typical ) but I'd rather drag the engine down if it hits a big load rather than burn down a small gen head.   . . .And. . . The engine was bought at a very good price because the seller had been sitting on it for 3 years.

The goal is to lightly boost the engine, perhaps 4 PSI to help things along.

I've thought of using an electric emissions air pump from a late 90's GM / Ford but these are more or less intermittent duty.  If this was the 80's I'd use a belt driven vane type air pump but those are hard to come by these days. 

Any ideas before I start searching the net?

Thanks

spud_majic

The turbo I have sitting in my basement would fit nicely. Have an external gear pump for it as well. Had it fitted on a Briggs 305cc
Ron Williams
'12 subaru sti=#23
02 subaru wrx project. soon to be TTD/ESP
99 millenium lim mod kart-#23
Check out www.jsautodesigns.com and www.rocksteadytuning.com for parts and tuning needs
email me at [email protected]