October 21, 2019, 04:53:11 pm

News:

Site settings updated:  Apologies for the inconvenience; but recent changes require all members to login again to improve site security.

Pitt Race SnowCross

Started by Pitt Race, January 30, 2017, 01:03:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh R.

I didn't feel very compelled to weigh in until now.

If you are going to consider low key events in the Winter, that's fine but I think you need to "schedule" them by a set of standards. Like, forecast 50° (or whatever) and no precip on a weekend "HEY YINZ GUUUUUUYS! LOW KEY EVENT!" And, obviously, if there is snow on the VDA "HEY YINZ GUUUUUUYS! SNOWCROSS EVENT!" I think your social media reach is big enough to generate enough interest with 5 days notice. I dislike the idea of scheduling an event on a random day then hoping the weather cooperates.

I am very unlikely to come to any low key autox event, regardless of temperature. However, there's a decent chance I'll come play in the snow legally if there happens to be a snow event on a weekend. And I still have a Subaru.
'97 Integra GS-R - ITS/DSP

'16 Frontier - Tow/Family Duty

99_ws6

Pretty sure that day works for me.
I prefer snow. Just got a Subaru daily and want to figure out this awd thing in the snow.
The Trans am is hibernating (insurance) until March 1st.
Are you going to be posting it on social media too or just on here? I don't login very often

lprmesia

^^Josh - I can keep you posted if they announce it.
2014 Subaru WRX - 27 STH
2016 Ford Fiesta ST - 5 HS

Bill

I'd show up to a low key autocross in February. I would autocross year round. I own a winter coat, and I'm not afraid of the cold.  :P
Bill Staley

90 Civic R - SMF
02 s2000 - STR
14 RDX

Masher Manufacturing

A solution to the " I want a short course to stay away from the guard rail. "  vs the  " I want a long course " is to design a short course that allows for 2 laps. 

lprmesia

...or since they only allow one car on course at a time, they could kind of do an out and back that eventually forks off at some point to a finish line.
2014 Subaru WRX - 27 STH

GTI_Speed

Was thinking about this the other day since I've never snowcrossed or rallycrossed but how do you know where cones go?
Alex A.

Steel Cities Region AutoX Chair
Current: 2016 Subaru WRX STI - 77 BS
History: 2008 VW GTI - 1 SMFT, 2003 BMW M3 - 77 STU

STCsolo.com    stcscca.com     NHSCC.com    GolfMKV.com     m3forum.net     iracing.com

Habib88

Quote from: GTI_Speed on February 02, 2017, 09:34:53 pm
Was thinking about this the other day since I've never snowcrossed or rallycrossed but how do you know where cones go?

Oh they stick out just fine ;)
Chris Carlisle - NOW SPONSORED BY http://WWW.ZOMBO.COM !!!
89' Civic Si #77 STC...Joykiller Racing
92' Civic CX #77 SMF...Come at me bro
13' Honda Fit #7 HS...A silent but deadly toaster

Pitt Race

Nice to see some passion about this on here. We're working to make it happen including consulting on the course with some folks today. We'll be announcing it via email, social media, and on here when we open registration. Opening registration will be dictated by the weather report at the moment. Keep and eye to the sky and pray for snow!

lprmesia

Anyone have a snow machine we can use just in case? :D
2014 Subaru WRX - 27 STH

Jakebonz

Based on how this winter has turned out, I'm not holding out much hope for a snowy weekend.  Then again, this is Pennsylvania we're talking about.

Still, this would be a great thing to start thinking about at the beginning of November next year.
"He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling."
- Jezza 19:3

2014 Ford Mustang GT #10 FS
1999 Mazda Miata #10 ES
Event Photos

Pitt Race

SNOWCROSS UPDATE: Details and registration link. We would need 32 registrations/commitments to make this happen! http://ow.ly/9r6S308NUSM

http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/pitt-race-low-key-snowcross-pittsburgh-international-compl-622628

lprmesia

Friday is still supposed to be below 0, so I'm hoping that 53 on Saturday is later in the day.

Either way, registered.
2014 Subaru WRX - 27 STH

lprmesia

Would you guys be able to make a Facebook event invite? Might help get the word out quicker.

Thoughts?
2014 Subaru WRX - 27 STH

Pitt Race

We posted it there this morning. We will create an event now.

c08

I guess I need to figure out how to mount a tow hook to the front of my car...

Pitt Race

Quote from: c08 on February 08, 2017, 11:12:50 am
I guess I need to figure out how to mount a tow hook to the front of my car...

What are you driving? Does it have a stock tow loop? Call 724-535-1000 and we can confirm whether you are good to go or not.

c08

I PM'd you.  I can't make it this Saturday anyway, just want to figure something out for the future.

Bill

I'm going to try to make it out. Wife has the flu, so as long as she's not on her deathbed on Friday, I'll be registering. Think Sr. will be coming too...
Bill Staley

90 Civic R - SMF
02 s2000 - STR
14 RDX

Jakebonz

Huh...the tow hook thing kind of throws a wrench in my plans to come out  :(

That said, if this becomes a regular thing next Winter, I'd strongly consider buying and installing one to come join the fun.

Unless someone wants to let me drive their car  ;D
"He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling."
- Jezza 19:3

2014 Ford Mustang GT #10 FS
1999 Mazda Miata #10 ES
Event Photos