August 06, 2020, 12:02:09 pm

News:

Site settings updated:  Apologies for the inconvenience; but recent changes require all members to login again to improve site security.

Any karting aimed at kids?

Started by Rev93NA, November 21, 2017, 09:55:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev93NA

I'm just curious is come spring/summer when my little one turns 3 if there is any karting available for her?

I'd even be happy with her being a passenger, but I won't be upset if I hear 3 is to young to start.

Her mother has decided she'd rather I push the little tyke into racing than all the school sponsored stuff she's going crazy trying to keep her older child involved with, and while I perfectly fine with this, I'm not sure where or how old to get her started.

Statlers is closest to me, there's a bring your own kart in mount pleasant, and I know about PITT race and that place in Monroeville as well, maybe there's more I forgot?

spud_majic

Usually 5-7 is the youngest age group for karting.
Ron Williams
'12 subaru sti=#23
02 subaru wrx project. soon to be TTD/ESP
99 millenium lim mod kart-#23
Check out www.jsautodesigns.com and www.rocksteadytuning.com for parts and tuning needs
email me at [email protected]

ninetyfourintegra

On the kart track, you can practice at 4 and race at 5.

Mine practiced on his 4th birthday and raced on his 5th...
"I went out first with Ron, and in all honesty, I thought I was going to die... Thanks for the ride because that's what I needed was to get back in a car" -Habib88

Kartwerks Dan

Three is a bit young - 4 is fine if they are physically capable and wanting to do it. I'd suggest getting out on a Power Wheels this year, particularly if you can find one with an actual brake pedal. Racing at 5-7 in Kid Karts (5/8 scale) and then in various cadet classes from 7-12 (3/4 scale).

Ron has seen and done it all with 2 kids. I can help out if you have any questions. Pitt Race is a little short staffed on karting people right now but I presume they'll have someone in that role in the spring. There are good club tracks east of Cleveland (Thompson/CKRA) and south of Canton (Adkins Raceway/Indian Valley Kart Club).

There is a great starter engine package for a younger/smaller driver that wasn't an option until recently - the Honda GX35. Pretty safe speeds and not ridiculous acceleration so its easier to keep them in check starting out. The same kart that uses that engine will also take the 50cc versions that they race with. I personally love Kid Karting as a was to introduce kids and families to the sport but you have to keep it in check - some of the Kid kart parents are freaking nuts. Just have fun and learn but don't get too serious until its time to jump in the bigger kart. It'll help with your sanity. lol
Kartwerks, LLC
Coaching, Service, Kart Sales
Praga & CompKart
www.kartwerksusa.com
www.facebook.com/KartwerksUSA