October 21, 2019, 04:01:55 pm

News:

Welcome to the new RacePA!

Steel Cities classing question

Started by RandyP, June 03, 2018, 09:00:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RandyP

So it seems that the provisional CAMC class has clarified that my AWD Ford Fusion ST is not wanted in CAM, even though it is a contemporary muscle car.  Is there a Steel Cities street tire class that it can run in or do I need to remove the front camber bolts and return to GS?  It seems it is way too powerful of a car for STU, STP is also not an option because it isn't a V8.

RandyP

Answered my own question.  STU seems to be ok.

lprmesia

It fits the NOC provision of the STU rules. You'd be able to run in STU w/ no issues. We do from time to time have a few other STU folks show up - one using the NOC provision himself (Eric Zyvith).

There's also STC class which is CAM rules for non-CAM eligible cars which has been pretty popular (especially on wet days) - but the PAX is a little harder than STU. STU is probably the easier route.

STU Rules:
"Catch-all":
Sedans & Coupes NOC (nonsports-car-based;
4-seat
minimum; over 5.1L normally
aspirated or 2.0L to 3.1L
forced induction)
2014 Subaru WRX - 27 STH
2016 Ford Fiesta ST - 5 HS

Mark Aubele

Quote from: RandyP on June 03, 2018, 09:00:14 pm
So it seems that the provisional CAMC class has clarified that my AWD Ford Fusion ST is not wanted in CAM, even though it is a contemporary muscle car.  Is there a Steel Cities street tire class that it can run in or do I need to remove the front camber bolts and return to GS?  It seems it is way too powerful of a car for STU, STP is also not an option because it isn't a V8.

Somewhat off topic, but how do you like the car?  We may be considering one as Michele's Mazda 3s daily while a great car is painfully slow.
'64 Ford F100
'97 M3
'12 135i

RandyP

Car is fine for stop light racing.  Brakes are good, just doesn't want to do twisty roads as much.

RandyP

Camber bolts are off!  Good thing that the tires on my car (Kumho summer tires produced in 2014) were cheap.
Quote from: lprmesia on June 03, 2018, 09:27:19 pm
It fits the NOC provision of the STU rules. You'd be able to run in STU w/ no issues. We do from time to time have a few other STU folks show up - one using the NOC provision himself (Eric Zyvith).

There's also STC class which is CAM rules for non-CAM eligible cars which has been pretty popular (especially on wet days) - but the PAX is a little harder than STU. STU is probably the easier route.

STU Rules:
"Catch-all":
Sedans & Coupes NOC (nonsports-car-based;
4-seat
minimum; over 5.1L normally
aspirated or 2.0L to 3.1L
forced induction)