October 23, 2019, 12:59:24 pm

News:

Site settings updated:  Apologies for the inconvenience; but recent changes require all members to login again to improve site security.

BeaveRun Autocross June 3?

Started by 1st v-dub, May 24, 2006, 09:56:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattamotor

Utah working and skiing:) till May22nd.
MattaMotors.com
Josh Matta
[span style=\'color:silver\']Frost[/span] [span style=\'color:black\']1990 Civic[/span] [span style=\'color:red\']Si[/span] [span style=\'color:black\']- #21 SM[/span]
[span style=\'color:teal\']Paradise[/span] [span style=\'color:black\']1994 Integra GS-[/span][span style=\'color:red\']R[/span]

I'm off to set my Kho Knee damnpers for tomorrow nights autocross...

TurboCelica184

Hey guys,

I know it's been a while, I'm finally done with school though so I figured it'd be a good time to step out of the shadows again and get back into this some more.  

I'm glad to see that BR is doing the informal autoxes again, I'll be around on the 7th so I'll try to make it up.  

Hope to see you all there!
Ben
1992 Toyota Celica GT 228 whp/263 torque - Transmission Issues
1991 Toyota Celica All-Trac - Daily driver/autocross pig

InjenR/T

Yep I should be there, I'm going home to Ohio, so I'll be able to just drive to BR on the way back to the burgh' Good times Good times!!! The neon is up and running again, i'm not sure if the whole power steering pump thing is good or bad? It all of a sudden started to work again!! But my car just does not seem right! I think it may be my......um not to sure LOLOLOL  ! Well we'll see when something goes boom! See yinz there!!
Bart
2002 Dodge Neon R/T
79 STS
"The Ghost"
Spun-Autosports.com

Habib88

May 29, 2006, 02:55:19 am #23 Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 02:56:11 am by Habib88
So i've been thinking.  I might not goto cumberland for two days this weekend (little burned out from Peru to be going away two weekends in a row, I must be getting old).  I MIGHT show up on Saturday the 3rd.  I need pratice at Beaver more than anything.  Then Sunday i'll venture along with Nick down to cumberland possibly.  I'll know officaly later this week.

Ben - Yea you better come out, I gotta see all these new celicas you've been aquiring lol.
Chris Carlisle - NOW SPONSORED BY http://WWW.ZOMBO.COM !!!
89' Civic Si #77 STC...Joykiller Racing
92' Civic CX #77 SMF...Come at me bro
13' Honda Fit #7 HS...A silent but deadly toaster

TurboCelica184

Crap, I forgot that the STPR is this weekend which means I'll be heading out to Wellsboro on Friday.  I will be coming home the next week however, so I'll have to see what's happening then.
Ben
1992 Toyota Celica GT 228 whp/263 torque - Transmission Issues
1991 Toyota Celica All-Trac - Daily driver/autocross pig

97SEdriver

Quote from: Brian
One of the casual events hosted & staffed by beaver run and timed with a stopwatch.

Good chance to get some seat time.  Although in the past the courses have been less than enjoyable.

So beave run never uses timing lights?  I went up there today, looks like a good lot to race on, but aside from seat time and sorting out, I'm not sure how useful a stopwatch timing situation is.

CeeBee

The competition autox's there use a real timer.  

Still just a stopwatch for the practices, though.  It would be an excellent investment if they got one.

Pretty much the same as last year except it now $35 instead of $20.  

In the morning, it was way too tight.  But, the guy who ran it(Chris), was real nice guy and even let us make changes to the course at lunchtime.   MUCH appreciated.  

This is probably worth it if your in dire need of seat time for any reason.  But, I'll need a timing device, or an admission price reduction for me to return to these practices in the future.  Has potential though.
Chris Buntrock
27 DS - RS Grey

Habib88

June 03, 2006, 07:26:01 pm #27 Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 07:27:53 pm by Habib88
Well to sum things up I got like 20 runs in on a course where the cones moved every run and went from dry, to fully wet, to dry again lol.  Not to shabby since this was the first time for the new person who took over the autox side of things at beaver.  His name is Chris (instructor at BR, drives a blue 350Z) really nice dude.  Was so open to feedback he actaully let us change the course midway thought the day so we got rid of a really tight section and turned it into a few sweepers and a crossover.  I told him to sign up on here, we need another man on the inside up at the beave lol.  But he's gonna try to get the prices lowered a bit to since the SCR events are pretty close to the same price.  On a side note I spent close to 2-3 hours NOT leaving the civics driver seat because I kept getting back in line, only reason I got outta the line was because the FX1's were hurting my tailbone again haha.

Mattamotor

It was good to be out again the civic ran really good. Course was ok got alot of runs in.

Also driving chris's car was awesome, for the first time in my life I didnt suck in it, and wow that thing is just damn easy to drive fast, handle so nicely, and yeah fun:).
MattaMotors.com
Josh Matta
[span style=\'color:silver\']Frost[/span] [span style=\'color:black\']1990 Civic[/span] [span style=\'color:red\']Si[/span] [span style=\'color:black\']- #21 SM[/span]
[span style=\'color:teal\']Paradise[/span] [span style=\'color:black\']1994 Integra GS-[/span][span style=\'color:red\']R[/span]

I'm off to set my Kho Knee damnpers for tomorrow nights autocross...

slowguy

I'd do this again.  I particularly liked that fact that Chris, the guy running it, actively solicited feedback and let Chris C. do a little course redesign.  I also liked the last hour, when the VDA had dried out and there were only 6-8 cars in the line.  Mucho runs.  Finally, I liked talking to some new people about autocross and trying to assimilate them into the borg.
Len Heinz
1990 M3 -- 57STX

Masher Manufacturing

Quote from: CeeBee
The competition autox's there use a real timer.  

Still just a stopwatch for the practices, though.  It would be an excellent investment if they got one.

Do they still run one car at a time?  Should be pretty easy to work up a timer for one car at a time.  I'll keep a eye out for some goodies to make a timer.

Habib88

Yea one car at a time, which causes the typical tight finish and starts.  Of course they weren't nearly as bad as they were in the past Chris did a pretty good job at least making the last 20ft go straight.

Also I forgot to thank Josh and Len for letting me drive their cars since I had to abandon civic because I was sitting in it to long lol.  It was nice to try Josh's car on the race tires, I think for a fall NHSCC event i'll have someone co-drive my car that has race tires and run CSP once hehe.  And thanks to Len for letting me keep myself up on the whole RWD thing still!  I still love the E30, i'll love it more when the exhaust leak is fixed hehe.