October 23, 2019, 11:06:54 am

News:

Welcome to the new RacePA!

*tentative* national solo schedule 2008

Started by fastbackss, December 07, 2007, 04:16:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkHelmet

Yes, I will be doing a bit of testing myself this year as well.
Trying out shock settings, brake pads and tires.

Martin, Can't wait to see what the All-trac turns out to be this year.
"Cool cars are just faster. It's a scientific fact." Kowalski from Penguins of Madagascar
#58 SS"R"
2016 Ram 2500 ( Big whitey ) - the DIESEL tow rig for all things heavy
2002 Corvette Z06: Torque, it's what's for dinner.

gtfour77

Quote from: DarkHelmet on December 15, 2007, 08:37:41 am
Yes, I will be doing a bit of testing myself this year as well.
Trying out shock settings, brake pads and tires.
Martin, Can't wait to see what the All-trac turns out to be this year.

I can't either Brian... ;D   Last year the car got worse everytime I touched it seemed like...by the end of the season the car was a lot slower compared to the beginning of the season...  maybe testing is a bad idea...heh  :o
Martin V. - T&M Racing
91 Toyota MR2 Turbo #35 SSM
91 Toyota MR2 Turbo #35 DD
WV

Sam Strano

Quote from: gtfour77 on December 15, 2007, 01:00:21 am
I'll be joining you guys for the Peru, Toledo and Nationals...maybe will try to do the DC pro just because of the fun format but this will all depend on how all the winter projects turn out...pretty much everything on the car will be new setup-wise...(and power-wise) so lots of testing at the beginning of the season will determine the depth of involvement next year...hopefully the celica won't get too much slower...  :o

It won't if I can help it from the sidelines.  :)
Sam
Strano Performance Parts

gtfour77

Quote from: Sam Strano on December 15, 2007, 03:01:41 pm
Quote from: gtfour77 on December 15, 2007, 01:00:21 am
I'll be joining you guys for the Peru, Toledo and Nationals...maybe will try to do the DC pro just because of the fun format but this will all depend on how all the winter projects turn out...pretty much everything on the car will be new setup-wise...(and power-wise) so lots of testing at the beginning of the season will determine the depth of involvement next year...hopefully the celica won't get too much slower...  :o

It won't if I can help it from the sidelines.  :)

Haha, yes, Sam has been a great help... so if the celica is slower next year we'll just blame him... ;D   
Seriously though, thanks for all the help Sam! ;)
Martin V. - T&M Racing
WV

94accordsedan

Peru
Toledo
DC
Maybe Hotlanta
Nationals

Maybe some rental rides in other places, trying to decide how much time I can devote to autox next year. 

Manfred

Well I'd probably keep the Cruiser for mud/rocks (once it goes SOA it'll add to my collection of marginal road vehicles that are great for their limited uses) and I should get a truck to tow with, of course this also means a trailer, and that's the main issue since I have no where to keep such a thing (and trust me, no one's backing a trailer into my driveway...

That's the main thing keeping me from jumping with both feet into a truck/trailer (although it is what i want!)
If you can't be a good example, be a terrible warning

Current Stable:
Steve - 2007 GXP ZOK GMPP - Yep BSP I has it.

2012 Mini Cooper S Clubman - Known as "Agent Dale"

2011 XTerra, cause 140lbs of dog needs his truck. Goes by "Tegan"

marka

Howdy,

Quote from: MemphisReighns on December 17, 2007, 09:07:55 am
of course this also means a trailer, and that's the main issue since I have no where to keep such a thing (and trust me, no one's backing a trailer into my driveway...

That's the main thing keeping me from jumping with both feet into a truck/trailer (although it is what i want!)

Storage fees for an open trailer are usually pretty reasonable.  I wouldn't let that hold you back if that's the only reason you're not doing it...

Mark

Manfred

It's not the only reason, but it is one of them - and yes i should start looking into doing it since it makes life much much nicer...

Current Stable:

z28jeff

KeithO stores his open trailer at a boat marina for pretty cheap. But that's in Beaver. I don't know if there's any boat marinas in Monroeville. :-\
2013 Kizashi SLS Sport AWD
2002 Corvette Z06
"The guy who invented the wheel was an idiot. The real genius was the guy who invented the other three."--Sid Caesar

DarkHelmet

No but there IS boat storage along the Mon river..... I think there is, anyway.

Manfred, there's a place on 30 in Irwin that has a "buy 4 months, get 2 free" deal going on at a new self-stoarge place.

"Cool cars are just faster. It's a scientific fact." Kowalski from Penguins of Madagascar
#58 SS"R"

crystalhelix

I don't understand why a stock car needs a trailer.  Especially one you want to enjoy.  In team zissou's case I understand, transporting a bunch of tires and crap with a coupe convertible has to suck.
Just some guy who likes cars.

DarkHelmet

Locally, I can see not using one if you don't run a car that is space-deficient.

Nationally, is a different story. Aint no way I'm fitting 2 sets of tires in the SS this year ( 1 r-comp, 1-rain ), plus all the tools, gear, luggage and a cooler.

I think I might have Ryan talked into driving the SS @ Nats this year, so we can tow it out with the 2500 Ram
#58 SS"R"

Sam Strano

Quote from: crystalhelix on December 18, 2007, 09:07:47 am
I don't understand why a stock car needs a trailer.  Especially one you want to enjoy.  In team zissou's case I understand, transporting a bunch of tires and crap with a coupe convertible has to suck.

They don't.  Then again, neither to SP or SM cars.  I drive my Camaro around, and Daddio drives his Evo everywhere.  I trailer anything I race to big events because it's easier.  I don't have to pack and unpack the car, change tires, and all that.  I have a big tire trailer, and I used it 4 times through Oct/Nov behind my Mustang for runs to local events in MD.  Part of that was the price of freaking Diesel and the fact I don't need all the stuff I take to bigger events. 

It's a personal decision, and I much prefer towing a car, stock or not.  And as far as enjoying the car, that's what I get from autoxing it, or pounding it around on backroads.  I don't enjoy a car much when it's loaded with tires or pulling a trailer. 
Sam
Strano Performance Parts

DarkHelmet

#58 SS"R"

Manfred

Well I do in fact enjoy my car - I drive it in the summer to and from work - although in it's current configuration (Z0K springs, degassed Konis) it's pretty damn low so it is a bit marginal on what passes for roads here in Pittsburgh.

Even if I had a trailer I doubt I'd use it locally, except for maybe two-day events or test and tunes where I needed to have more than one set of tires here; nationally, it's really the only way to fly. One it's more comfortable to drive a nice tow rig than a car with a tire trailer; two it's easier on the car (not adding unnecessary miles); and three it's just my preference from having done both.

And in the solstice's case, unless you're content to run street tires, the only way you're running it is with a tire trailer at a minimum.

Current Stable:

KRISR

having broke at the track with and without a trailer, I would rather have the trailer to bring the car home than have to bandaid the car at the track and have to make it home .

Gibby

HRERACING

Hey any of you that need a a trailer/tow vehicle for the bigger event like nats, let me know, I am proboably going to hit a few of these this year adn if I use my big trailer, i can haul 3 small cars in it, my r32 being one, leaves 2 spaces open and it gets about 10-11 mpg with three cars in it, not bad of a cost to split up a few ways.
Trevor D Hill Sr.
17 GS 2017 VW GTI Autobahn
17 DS 2004 VW R32
2001 Porsche 996 TT
2003.5 Lotus Esprit V8 TT
1994 Porsche 968
1981 Porsche 924 Turbo
1975 + 1988 VW Scirocco(low-milage originals)
previously ....
CS porsche 944
DSP VW scirocco
FSP VW scirocco

DarkHelmet

Quote from: HRERACING on December 30, 2007, 08:13:30 pm
Hey any of you that need a a trailer/tow vehicle for the bigger event like nats, let me know, I am proboably going to hit a few of these this year adn if I use my big trailer, i can haul 3 small cars in it, my r32 being one, leaves 2 spaces open and it gets about 10-11 mpg with three cars in it, not bad of a cost to split up a few ways.

Well, If you're going to Nat's I might be interested for sure. Also, if you're needing a co-drive for nats I might be interested... I think your car is a bit more competitive than mine...

just a tad.

:)
#58 SS"R"

gtfour77

Quote from: HRERACING on December 30, 2007, 08:13:30 pm

I am very, very interested also...just name the price.  ;) Please keep me in mind for next year unless you already have candidates (close friends) which would be more than understandable...
Martin V. - T&M Racing
WV

HRERACING

Yeah we can keep in touch about this closer to the time, My plans are to go to nats brian and co-drive??? is not out of the question. Martin the price would just be a split of costs, like gas, tolls and etc split between how many people go. If we had 3 cars both with co-drivers, that would be a 6 way split...might make the trip cheap(if thats possible with babydolls!!!) also could split some rooms and other stuff like pizza. Things would also depend on whether i do the pro finale as well. We'll keep in touch about it.
Trevor D Hill Sr.
17 GS 2017 VW GTI Autobahn
17 DS 2004 VW R32
2001 Porsche 996 TT
2003.5 Lotus Esprit V8 TT
1994 Porsche 968
1981 Porsche 924 Turbo
1975 + 1988 VW Scirocco(low-milage originals)
previously ....
CS porsche 944
DSP VW scirocco
FSP VW scirocco