July 07, 2020, 04:21:34 am

News:

Site settings updated:  Apologies for the inconvenience; but recent changes require all members to login again to improve site security.


Latest Fastrak - March 2008

Started by crystalhelix, February 21, 2008, 11:11:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

marka

Howdy,

Quote from: roundel on February 22, 2008, 10:30:13 am
Quote from: marka on February 21, 2008, 02:00:13 pm
Then you've also got the "also ran" E36 m3 in BSP.  The only person that's won at nationals in one of those is (I think) Tunnell.  I think that's Tunnell winning, not the m3.  Personally I think you'd have to be a bit of an idiot to choose an m3 in BSP, with or without the rally cars in the class.


Leaving the question - why isn't the e36 M3 DS and DSP respectively...  Also leaving the question - what do you do with an e36 M3 that you don't want to sell and also don't know if you want to stay in stock class (down the road)...?  :(


If you want to compete at a national level and not give anything up?

From "most competitive" to least:

1) Gut it & run FP or XP (blower).  Bring money.
2) Put a blower on it, flares, SP suspension, a big wing, and run SM.  Still bring money.
3) BSP or STU
4) BS

The E36 is no longer a good autox car, if you want something competitive that is also street legal and doesn't cost a crapton of money.

But... Its been that way for a while now (to me), whether the Rally cars are in BSP or not.

Mark

D.R.

Quote from: roundel on February 22, 2008, 10:30:13 am
Leaving the question - why isn't the e36 M3 DS and DSP respectively...  Also leaving the question - what do you do with an e36 M3 that you don't want to sell and also don't know if you want to stay in stock class (down the road)...?  :(


I think you keep it and buy something cheap as an autox car that you won't worry about screwing up with mods. The budget to bring your car into SP or SM competitively would be worth probably a STX prepped WRX or even a cheaper E30 M3.

Or you could quit screwing around and pony up for this (one SERIOUSLY smokin' deal):

http://www.siastuning.com/Yellow4sale.htm
Dave Heinz
#40 McB Autosport ITS RX7

www.datacoaching.com

crystalhelix

If this rule happens I may pull a Manfred on autocrossing..
Just some guy who likes cars.

cmk

February 22, 2008, 07:14:13 pm #23 Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 07:17:13 pm by cmk
Quote from: crystalhelix on February 22, 2008, 02:09:44 pm
If this rule happens I may pull a Manfred on autocrossing..


Did you write a letter supporting keeping the rally cars in BSP?  IMO the rally cars should have their own prepared class, whether it's BSP (and the rally cars dominate the old BSP cars) or a new one is created to give the rally cars and the old BSP cars a place to play.  Course dependency and conditions shouldn't be the reason why a particular car or groups of cars dominates another. 

But, I'm also not informed enough to know if my opinion is well-reasoned.  I'd be willing to write a letter if I was provided enough supporting information.

PUSHY MCUNDERSTEER

I also am a big fan of the sentra and neon going into fsp,being that i would love to run a street prepared class. Unfortunetly though i am so outgunned in dsp i have no chance to ever podium.I mean i have a 2500lb car with 140hp  a cheap factory viscous  a shitty rear beam suspension and i'm supposed to hang with a type-r or a vwR32.
1996 SE-R STS #87 (SOLD) BROKEN 240SX(SOLD)
RETURNING IN SPRING WITH 98 P71 CROWN VIC INTERCEPTOR!!!!!!!!! YOU KNOW YOU WANT ONE.

crystalhelix

Quote from: cmk on February 22, 2008, 07:14:13 pm
Quote from: crystalhelix on February 22, 2008, 02:09:44 pm
If this rule happens I may pull a Manfred on autocrossing..


Did you write a letter supporting keeping the rally cars in BSP?  IMO the rally cars should have their own prepared class, whether it's BSP (and the rally cars dominate the old BSP cars) or a new one is created to give the rally cars and the old BSP cars a place to play.  Course dependency and conditions shouldn't be the reason why a particular car or groups of cars dominates another. 

But, I'm also not informed enough to know if my opinion is well-reasoned.  I'd be willing to write a letter if I was provided enough supporting information.


No, not yet, and I have mixed thought about the two cars in question.  One being mine which I think is a good BSP car but I haven't seen any national results higher than 7th in an STi.  The evo has taken high percentages for the last two years.
Just some guy who likes cars.

cmk

Quote from: crystalhelix on February 23, 2008, 01:16:08 pm
No, not yet, and I have mixed thought about the two cars in question.  One being mine which I think is a good BSP car but I haven't seen any national results higher than 7th in an STi.  The evo has taken high percentages for the last two years.


I know where you are coming from, but something tells me that you'd ever see the Evo & STi split up into different classes.

DarkHelmet

Quote from: PUSHY MCUNDERSTEER on February 23, 2008, 08:37:11 am
I also am a big fan of the sentra and neon going into fsp,being that i would love to run a street prepared class. Unfortunetly though i am so outgunned in dsp i have no chance to ever podium.I mean i have a 2500lb car with 140hp  a cheap factory viscous  a shitty rear beam suspension and i'm supposed to hang with a type-r or a vwR32.


hmm.... sounds like my car's efforts to hang with ITRs and R32s in D-stock...

"Cool cars are just faster. It's a scientific fact." Kowalski from Penguins of Madagascar
#58 SS"R"
2016 Ram 2500 ( Big whitey ) - the DIESEL tow rig for all things heavy
2002 Corvette Z06: Torque, it's what's for dinner.