October 21, 2019, 05:01:42 pm

News:

Site settings updated:  Apologies for the inconvenience; but recent changes require all members to login again to improve site security.

NHSCC novice school.

Started by 1st v-dub, April 11, 2011, 08:03:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

psu goat

I don't think I can make it this year to help out.  Sorry :(
Dan Tyger
2006 Pontiac GTO - what haven't I modified on the car? :)
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer SS AWD 3SS - new daily driver.

PDLTURBO

I should be there to help out.
Paul Lynd
2004 San Remo Red WRX
#50 ESP

By pdlturbo, shot with Canon EOS

fastlap

Looks to be a nice day weather-wise.  Hope we get some students!

aschaefer

Alex Schaefer
1997 BMW M3

MADMazda3

Jay,
I've never taken a drivers school before, but been driving autox for 4 years. I thought I would come as a student to see if I can pick up some tips so I can beat my son Chris in my own car. ;D I noticed your post about students must have less than a year driving autox, is that a strict rule?

roundel

I'm not a club rep at this point, but I'd imagine that a paying student is a paying student, just realize that the topics covered will really target the fundamentals, which can usually help anyone at some level, but most directly applies to novice drivers or experienced drivers with some bad habits.

[Ethan "if it weren't for that cone" Connor | 97' 318i | 98' 323is #89DSP| 99' M3]

Foximus

I had a very good time today.  Thank you to NHSCC for having this, and everyone for the help.  I got some good video, and I learned something.  When a Go Pro camera hits a cone, the cone wins, hahaha

#05 SMF  - 2006 Cobalt

bluemeanietsi

Was a good day, aside from losing a cylinder in the Camaro on Dad's first run, and the clutch not taking the punishment of those tires today the car really was a blast to drive.

Managed a 33.1 on my 3rd and final "instructor pass" in it and Dad got down to a 37.0.  Not bad on 7 cylinders then again, you lose 1 you're only down 25hp, lose one in the Talon and you're down 200.
1995 Eagle Talon "Bluemeanie"  [email protected]
1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RWD "The Drag Car"
1989 IROC - FS  "Red Lean"
2002 Yamaha R1

"What do you do if you hit the brakes on course and nothing happens?"
"Kurt says 'F-U Mark!' and buys a Corvette."

Habib88

Weather today was killer, little cold in the morning but it panned out into a beautiful afternoon.  I think student turnout was 18 or so from what I heard?  Most everyone was doing pretty well from the looks of things.  Thanks to Jay for letting me take the 911 out for a few passes.  I never really got that car.  It handles awesome, but you gotta be aware of the whole rear engine thing.  I dunno why, but I got along with it today and ended up with a 31.8 or something?  Also thanks for Dennis Witt for allowing me to continue my car whore ways lol.  Sorry I couldn't catch Ancus though  :P  Be dear lord does Dennis's car have torque for a Honda.  I can't think and any other FWD car that I've driven that had wheelspin issues due to sheer power.  It wasn't massive wheelspin, but you couldn't just floor it all the time like most Hondas.  Hopefully this weather follows use to tomorrow  :D
Chris Carlisle - NOW SPONSORED BY http://WWW.ZOMBO.COM !!!
89' Civic Si #77 STC...Joykiller Racing
92' Civic CX #77 SMF...Come at me bro
13' Honda Fit #7 HS...A silent but deadly toaster

HillclimberGlenn

Quote from: Foximus on April 30, 2011, 05:45:41 pm
I had a very good time today.  Thank you to NHSCC for having this, and everyone for the help.  I got some good video, and I learned something.  When a Go Pro camera hits a cone, the cone wins, hahaha

Did you post the one where you hit the cone with the camera?
Hi! My name is Glenn and I'm a MR2aholic. On number 5!

Foximus

Quote from: HillclimberGlenn on May 01, 2011, 10:59:20 pm

haha.  No. that one is staying on the harddrive only.

#05 SMF  - 2006 Cobalt

PDLTURBO

School was fun, had 2 students.  Both seemed happpy about the school and I think both got a lot more confident and comfortable as the day went on. I think Wil, with his 370z, has the bug and will be flying real soon. And I hope my other student, Eric makes it to his 1st autox soon.
Paul Lynd
2004 San Remo Red WRX
#50 ESP

By pdlturbo, shot with Canon EOS

HillclimberGlenn

Quote from: Foximus on May 01, 2011, 11:06:18 pm

Then how am I going to see it??? :-\

I was working the finish when it happened.  ;)
Hi! My name is Glenn and I'm a MR2aholic. On number 5!

marka

Howdy,

Quote from: Foximus on May 01, 2011, 11:06:18 pm

Dammit.

Post the video, wus.  :-)

Mark

Handy Man

Thanks to everyone for all their help and for putting on a great event! I definitely learned a lot and made some significant improvements. I got a chance to work on all of the things that I had been having trouble with and ended up with a great result on Sunday to show for it.
Moved to Houston. Still lurking in your forums.

'11 Nissan 370Z | #13 CST - Gone but not forgotten
'94 Turbo Miata  | #131 SSM

"Losing builds character."  "F#@% that. I've got plenty of character." -Mark