October 23, 2019, 12:38:52 pm

News:

Welcome to the new RacePA!

04 Acura Tl Class?

Started by Strangelove, September 06, 2004, 08:41:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Strangelove

I'm trying to talk my wife into racing with me since the Andys and McCabes seem to have fun. Plus, if she's there I won't get the stink-eye about the abandoned honey-do list. :cold:

Any idea what class the Acura would be in?

Thanks,

Gene

rickshank

QuoteI'm trying to talk my wife into racing with me since the Andys and McCabes seem to have fun. Plus, if she's there I won't get the stink-eye about the abandoned honey-do list. :cold:

Any idea what class the Acura would be in?

Thanks,

Gene

G-stock.

~ricky shank
Ricky Shank
1985 Van Diemen RF85
11 BMW 335i M-sport | 05 Chevy 2500HD Diesel

marka

Howdy,

And you'll still get the eye....

:-)

Mark

roundel

Yeah...  This just means you have more to do on Sat. not that you're getting out of something on Sun.   :poed:  :bye bye:  

[Ethan "if it weren't for that cone" Connor | 97' 318i | 98' 323is #89DSP| 99' M3]

sweetcav201

welcome and speaking of tl's there was a sick ass blue one at the s3 triple crown honda challenge smoking the rest of them the race i saw ..

Josh
sr20det,tein/cusco suspension, super advan sa-r3

Track_Hor

Quotewelcome and speaking of tl's there was a sick ass blue one at the s3 triple crown honda challenge smoking the rest of them the race i saw ..

I was driving the pace car on Saturday and was running the radion on Sunday for the Honda Challenge races.  Sunday was a major mess.  That TL didn't do bad, but the west coast Gold CRX beat him as did some others.  Plus it turns out he has a "built" engine that is not Honda Challenge legal :oops:  
You want to race me?  Ha!  I am a true racer and you are merely a ricer-boy, it is impossible for a ricer-boy to have the heart of a true racer.  So the race is over, and I have won, even before it is started.  Do you want a rematch?  Ha, I win again!

Habib88

I read a bit about that TL over on honda tech since it seemd like a interesting choice of race car to me.  But it was sort of the same theory thats pushing teams to use the TSX, the TL has a double wishbone but can also be had in a manual V6.  It didn't have alot of mods, prototype springs, wheels and tires of course, and I think a stock alignment.  Engine was a homemade intake and exhaust.  And they found out a aftermarket clutch and flywheel for the old CL-S worked on the TL also.  That car should be interesting to watch as more parts and time with the car happens.
Chris Carlisle - NOW SPONSORED BY http://WWW.ZOMBO.COM !!!
89' Civic Si #77 STC...Joykiller Racing
92' Civic CX #77 SMF...Come at me bro
13' Honda Fit #7 HS...A silent but deadly toaster

Track_Hor

QuoteI read a bit about that TL over on honda tech ...  It didn't have alot of mods, .

What you said above is alot difference from what I heard.  I was told his engine was rebuilt from the bottom up with aftermarket parts and built like a true race enigne, ergo it was illegal in Honda Challenge.  

:helpme:   Who's right?
You want to race me?  Ha!  I am a true racer and you are merely a ricer-boy, it is impossible for a ricer-boy to have the heart of a true racer.  So the race is over, and I have won, even before it is started.  Do you want a rematch?  Ha, I win again!

neonmike22

QuoteI read a bit about that TL over on honda tech ...  It didn't have alot of mods, .

What you said above is alot difference from what I heard.  I was told his engine was rebuilt from the bottom up with aftermarket parts and built like a true race enigne, ergo it was illegal in Honda Challenge.  

:helpme:   Who's right?

That'd likely mean that the motor is now property of NASA.  I don't know the honda challenge rules, but cheater motors in spec neon are torn down and then kept by nasa.
Michael Carpenter
'12 VW GTI DSG - 22 GS

Habib88

Its a brand new TL, if they did make internals for that motor since its the newer series of V6 i'm sure it was all custom, plus that would mean the car was far over its stock 270 or output.  More like over 350.  Strip the TL out for race duty and I think that would be fairly noticeable lol.  Not to mention UBER expensive to do which is another reason I sorta doubt it.  They were complaining about the lack of parts for the car which is more or less true right now.  But who knows if hotckis can supercharge a celica (full custom job) I suppose anything is possible.  Let us know what you hear!
Chris Carlisle - NOW SPONSORED BY http://WWW.ZOMBO.COM !!!
89' Civic Si #77 STC...Joykiller Racing
92' Civic CX #77 SMF...Come at me bro
13' Honda Fit #7 HS...A silent but deadly toaster

Strangelove

Thanks for the info.

I've noticed a lack of aftermarket stuff as well.  If it's anything like the Mini it'll be mid-2005 or 2006 before there's anything worthwhile out there.